I have 2 research papers due next week that I haven't even been able to get started on... One is 7-10 pages long, the other, 5.
On top of that, I work 8-9 hours a day, 4 days a week.
I have classes 5 days a week.
I have stories to do for Cedar Valley Today and my broadcast journalism class.
I've had a cold for a legit 3 weeks.
I'm exhausted out of my mind and It's freezing outside.
And most of all, I really really miss my family.
The positives:
I got a new pup on the 23rd of October. His name is Murphy and he is the cutest little booger. He seriously makes me so happy and I am so glad I found him!
Also, I have the greatest family in the world (which is why I miss them so terribly).
My mom came up (mainly to see my brother) on Thursday, and after a stressful morning of having a flat tire and waiting forever at the car shop, she dealt with the hassle of bringing Murphy along to leave with me for the whole afternoon/evening. That meant so much to me. I really wish I could've spent more time with my mom, but it was so good to see her while I did.
And my good friend Steffi came up to stay with me for 2 days during her fall break. She goes to Simpson College and we both were interns at KCRG this summer and have been super great friends ever since.
So going into this post I thought my negative list would be wayyyy longer than my positive list, but I was wrong... Notice how much detail I put into my positive thoughts opposed to the negatives?
Life is good, it's just difficult sometimes. And it is really hard missing my family so much every single day, but it's such a blessing knowing they support me and have my back in everything I do. Everything I'm doing, everything I'm taking on right now, may stress me out, but its making me stronger and leading me somewhere. I've been so blessed by God with the opportunities I've been given in my life so far, and I look forward to see what He has planned for me coming up.
So I'll end with this quote: "If every morning you can find a reason to say, "Yes, it's going to be a beautiful day." And every day you find a reason to say, "Yes, it's a beautiful day." And every night, you find a reason to say, "Yes, it was a beautiful day." Then one day you'll look back and say, "Yes... it was a beautiful life.""
Blessings to all,
Ashley
Murphy and I on Oct. 24, 2014 <3

No comments:
Post a Comment